Week 1: Essence of being an Actor
- Opportunities of being a Vancouver Actor
- 3 Phases of an Acting Career
- Initiating Acting Career
- Classwork: One liner scene. Insight on actor’s own process of his character and take on the story.
Week 2: Core Script Analysis
- Script Analysis/Dissecting Script
- Identifying Emotions: Mental and Physical
- Memorization Strategies and Line Delivery Rhythm
- Importance of the Homework Preparation Process
Week 3: Scene Action with Partner
- Exploring Actors choices on the scene.
- Checklist for Scene: Size; Purpose; Action
- Constructive Feedback and Re-directs
- Importance of having fun and playing dress up, enjoying the learning experience and taking on the role and story.
- Work on each actor’s audition scene
- Difference on homework from 1-2 lines to 6 lines
- Importance of Standard American Accent